Sunday, June 21, 2009

Buried underneath a pile of work

I haven't updated this blog in ages. I've been too busy with work and trying to adapt to life in Hong Kong (i.e. Improve my cantonese and lose any inkling sensation of being home sick). So far, the homesick bit is more or less settled. I don't feel it anymore. Guess making more friends here does help a great deal.

Cantonese on the other hand is really hard for me to grasp. I can manage enough to get thru daily (eat, shop etc) and I can definitely listen better. But getting into a conversation is still a big problem. I've resolved to get my act together by only tuning in to Channel 6 on free to air TV where there are cantonese shows running all day long (and ignoring AXN, Star Movies etc). Oh, occasionally I steal a sneak peek.

Time to get back to work. Need to rush a huge propsal for Monday. This may be the tipping point that I'm looking for. Wish me luck. Peace out.

No comments: